Suffolk Badminton Association
President: Capt. Ivan Cobbold
Chairman: Mr Morrean
Secretary: Mr Haddon
Treasurer: Mr Gray
Capt. Cobbold was also one of the first directors of Ipswich Town Football Club when it turned professional in 1936.
- Ipswich Crusaders’
- Electric Sports, Stowmarket
- Felixstowe Grammar School
By 1951 there were 31 affiliated clubs in the Association, and by 1978 and the 50th Anniversary of the SBA there were 99 clubs affiliated – 83 senior, 16 junior and 4 Leagues:
- Bury St Edmunds & District Badminton League
- Ipswich and District Badminton League
- Lowestoft and District League (these clubs now play in the Ipswich or the Norwich and District Leagues)
- Newmarket Badminton Federation (formed in 1975)
Today there are 3 leagues with 41 affiliated senior clubs, 18 unaffiliated clubs or groups and 12 junior clubs.
Schools Badminton Associations were established in Bury St Edmunds in 1973. Over the years Suffolk has hosted various Badminton exhibition and demonstration events including one of a series of international matches played between England Youth and China Youth on 4th October 1982. Ipswich Badminton Performance Centre (IBPC) was founded in 2011.