Terms and Conditions
Suffolk Archives Big Draw 2020 Competition Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an entry, you agree to be legally bound by the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
- This competition is open to all UK residents, except any employee of or person directly connected with Suffolk Archives and their immediate family members. Proof of age may be required.
- Applicants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering the competition. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of applicants under 18 agree to the Rules and Terms and Conditions on behalf of the applicants.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Entries must be received by 11.59pm on Friday 6th November 2020. Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of Suffolk Archives
- Entries must be your original work and must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights
- Suffolk Archives accepts no responsibility for damaged or lost entries
- The judges shall assess the entries and one winner will be selected from each category. The judges’ decision shall be final.
- The three winners (one in each age category) shall receive art materials to the value of £20. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and no cash alternative is offered. The prizes will be sent by post within 28 days of the winner responding to notification from Suffolk Archives that they have won.
- Winners will be notified by email or telephone (using the details provided at entry) within 21 days of a decision being made and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to Suffolk Archives within 21 days of being notified they will forfeit their prize and a replacement winner will be selected.
- Full copyright title shall be retained by the author of any entry. By submitting any entry to Suffolk Archives, you agree to grant Suffolk Archives a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display and exercise all publicity rights with respect to your entry, and/or to incorporate your entry in other works, in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your entry, and in accordance with privacy restrictions set out in Suffolk County Council’s privacy and data protection policies
- Any entry you provide shall be non-confidential
- By submitting an entry, you agree that Suffolk Archives may use the material for any purpose and in any way it chooses, including, but not limited to, marketing, publicity, advertising and presentations
- By submitting your entry you warrant that all persons featured in your entry have given you their express consent for their image, voice or other details to be used and, in the case of vulnerable adults or persons under 18 years of age, you warrant that you have obtained express consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
- Suffolk Archives reserves the right to update the Rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on suffolkarchives.co.uk/big-draw
Suffolk Archives takes your privacy very seriously; we will only use your personal information in accordance with these terms and conditions and Suffolk County Council’s privacy and data policies. Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their name in any media. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.