Do I have to register?
Although you don’t need a reader’s account to use microfiche or film at one of our branches, you will need one if you want to look at archival material and some local studies books. If you’re an online user you’ll find that the account is useful for managing your wishlist, saving your searches and requesting copies or digital downloads.
How do I get an account?
There are 2 options:
- register at a branch
- Click on ‘Register’ in the top right of any webpage on the website or click here and complete the online registration form.
- Once you’ve completed the online form, you’ll be sent an email asking you to click on a link to confirm your registration. Check your spam folder if you don’t see the email in your inbox.
- A link in the email will direct you to a webpage where you can create your password.
You can then search for documents in our catalogues and order them so they’ll be waiting for you when you arrive at the Suffolk Record Office.
Before you can see your ordered documents, you will need to complete your registration when you arrive at the branch. You’ll need to bring ID that confirms your name, permanent address and signature. A UK driving licence is ideal. Valid CARN tickets are also acceptable. More information about the CARN ticket system and suitable ID can be found below.
Register at a branch:
If you don’t pre-register then you can register when you arrive at one of our branches. You’ll need to bring ID that confirms your name, permanent address and signature. A UK driving licence is ideal. Valid CARN tickets are also acceptable. More information about the CARN ticket system and suitable ID can be found below.
Staff will direct you to a computer where you can complete the online registration form. After you have completed the form, you will need to return to the searchroom desk and present your identification. You can then order documents using our online catalogue or the paper catalogues for those collections not yet online.
I already have a CARN ticket – do I need an account?
If you want to order online or view original material you’ll still need a reader’s account but your CARN ticket can be used as proof of ID. If the ticket is within 6 months of expiry we will issue you with a new CARN ticket free of charge. Replacement CARN tickets and renewals are subject to a small charge.
What is suitable ID for a CARN ticket and reader’s account?
Your ID must show your name, permanent address and signature. If you don’t have ID that shows all three pieces of information a combination of documents from the list below is acceptable.
- Passport (name and signature)
- Bank statement (name and address)
- Pension/benefit book (name and address)
- Disabled person’s registration (name and address)
- Own vehicle registration documents (name and address)
- National Archives’ readers ticket (but need second ID proof)
- Credit/debit /cheque guarantee cards (name and signature)
More information about the CARN ticket system can be found on the Archives and Records Association webpage.
What happens to my details?
Your details will never be sold or shared with any other organisation. The information is looked after by Suffolk County Council.
When will my account expire?
Your account is valid for 3 years in the first instance. When your membership expires, you will need to bring identification with you when you next visit (as you did on your very first visit). Staff will then renew your membership.