For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select Ordering and Viewing
- Held At: Suffolk Record Office
- Reference Number: FC101
- Accession Number: IP/1000
- Accession Number: IP/269
- Accession Number: IP/310
- Accession Number: IP/4124
- Accession Number: IP/8122
- Accession Number: IP/10498
- Accession Number: IP/12604
- Accession Number: IP/14550
- Date: 1363-2003
- Level: COLLECTION
- Description: Parish general: parish chest inventory, 1835; town meeting books, 1710-1839; vestry and PCC minutes, 1836-1968; PCC accounts, 1943-1956; militia papers, 1798; papers relating to Church of England Men's Society, 1956-1962; miscellaneous papers, 1588-1979.
Clergy: clergy papers, 1816-1948; glebe papers, 1839; tithe papers, 1716-1935; faculties, 1708-1976; terriers, 1709-1938; service registers, 1898-1968; papers relating to churchyard, 1855; benefice papers, 1902-1947; miscellaneous papers, 1835-1977.
Registers: baptisms, 1560-2007; banns, 1754-1968; marriages, 1560-2003; burials, 1560-2007; miscellaneous papers, 1565-1975.
Churchwardens: accounts, 1557-1911; rates, 1700-; papers relating to church fabric, 1885-1974; list of churchwardens, 1877-1910.
Overseers of the poor: inventories, 1589-1816; accounts, 1568-1842; rates 1640-1842; settlement papers, 1684-1846; bastardy papers, 1609-1834; apprenticeship papers, 1537-1834; militia papers, 1799-1810; poor relief papers, 1822-1830; workhouse accounts and papers, 1806-1842; miscellaneous papers, 1595-1842.
Highway surveyors: accounts, 1654-1659; rates, 1842; miscellaneous papers, nd.
Constables: accounts, 1619-1833; papers relating to taxation, 1547-1624; m iscellaneous papers, nd. Parish officers, miscellaneous papers, 1578, 1833.
Charities: title deeds, 1363-1855; papers relating to Goodwyn's Bequest, 1964-1968; list of recipients of money and goods, 1701-1746.
Schools: Sunday School book, 1720-1861 and register, 1963.
Miscellaneous: farm rental, 1797-1816; visitors' books, 1858-1909; papers relating to Girls' Friendly Society, 1891-1959; notes of Saxtead baptisms, 1761-1764 and burials, 1764-1772; Saxtead register of preachers, offertory and communicants, 1855-1910; miscellaneous papers, 1846-1977
Registers of services, 1968-1987; monthly records of baptisms, Jun 1997-2005, Jan 1969-2004, Apr 1997-2004, May 1991-2005, Sep 1993-2004, Oct 1988-2004
- Terms:Parish churches
- Terms:Anglican clergy
- Terms:Church services
- Terms:Parish constables
- Terms:Overseers of the poor
- Terms:Parish registers
- Terms:Poor Law
- Terms:Poor relief
- Terms:Sunday schools
- Terms:Parochial church council
- Related Material: HD266/1/1: incumbents register of parishioners, 1857. GB1: Mills Charity, Framlingham. HD6/3/3: Framlingham college papers.
- Access Status: Open
- Contact: Suffolk Record Office Ipswich Branch, Gatacre Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2LQ
Ordering the Document
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
- in such a poor physical state that looking at them would cause damage
- documents containing sensitive personal information about living people
- on loan to another institution
- known to have existed but never received
- temporarily mislaid
- most conveniently consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
- a collection of files or an object rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room
- a library book available on open shelving
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents and items, we do need you to use your Reader account, please register with us if you do not yet have one. We would like you to register even if you have no intention of visiting us at the Archive, thank you.