For ordering, viewing and copying options: please select Ordering and Viewing
- Held At: Suffolk Record Office
- Reference Number: FC22
- Accession Number: IP/12858
- Accession Number: IP/330
- Accession Number: IP/8078
- Accession Number: IP/14819
- Accession Number: IP/14851
- Accession Number: IP/4419
- Date: 1660-2002
- Level: COLLECTION
- Description: Parish general: vestry minutes, 1871-1920; PCC minutes, 1927-1982; vestry papers, 1821; census of farming families, early 19c; list of voters, 1836; miscellaneous papers, 1870-1948; lease for car park 1979
Clergy: clergy papers, 1828-1960; tithe papers, early 19c-1937; benefice papers, 1858-1971; glebe papers, 1919-1923; terriers, 1834-2002; service registers, 1902-1973; miscellaneous papers, 1939-1951.
Registers: baptisms, 1660-1971; banns, 1755-1823; marriages, 1660-1998; burials, 1660-1976; miscellaneous papers, 1755-1942.
Churchwardens: accounts, 1793-1960; visitations, 1784-1858; sequestrations, 1879-1941; papers relating to church fabric, 1873-1972; faculties, 1934-1992; rates, 1861-1868; miscellaneous papers, 1801-1858.
Overseers of the poor: settlement papers, 1785-1835; accounts, 1818-1929; apprenticeship indentures, 1794-1834; Woodbridge Union workhouse papers, 1836-1872; papers relating to poor relief, 1813-1856; inventory, 1857; bastardy papers, 1805-1831; valuations, 1863; rates, 1831; miscellaneous papers, 1838. Highway surveyors: accounts, 1788-1834; miscellaneous papers, 1871.
Constables: accounts, 1817-1842; order, 1828. Charities: general papers, 1786-1947; Biddell Charity papers, 1933; Crisp Charity papers, 1932. Schools: letter relating to charity school, 1818.
Miscellaneous: Suffolk Volunteer Regiment magazines, 1915-1917; Reform Act, 1832; Manor or Kingshall copyholds, 1882; miscellaneous papers, 1860-1942.
PCC Minute book, 1982-2004
Marriage licences, 1942, 1952
Papers re aquisition of land for Playford Churchyard, 2001
Account book, 1960-1972
Designs for proposed pair of silver collection dishes, 1962
PCC accounts, 1947-2008 (those for 1958 are fire damaged)
Papers re Rev Ernest broadbent, 1924-1959
Parish magazine for the Benefice of Great and Little Bealings with Playford and Culpho
St Mary's, Playford
St Botolph's, Culpho
St Mary's, Gt Bealings
All Saints, Little Bealings
Sep 1966, odd copies for 1972-1974
Complete run 1975-1998
- Terms:Church of England
- Terms:Parish churches
- Terms:Anglican clergy
- Terms:Church services
- Terms:Apprenticeship records
- Terms:Poor Law
- Terms:Settlement records
- Terms:Bastardy records
- Terms:Parish registers
- Terms:Constables records
- Terms:Rates (documents)
- Terms:Roads and road transport
- Terms:Parliamentary elections
- Terms:Ecclesiastical visitations
- Terms:Churchwardens records
- Terms:Poor relief
- Terms:First World War, 1914-1918
- Terms:Coronation of George VI (1937)
- Terms:War memorials
- Related Material: HA2/F2-F7: overseers accounts, rates etc. HA2/F8-F10: surveyors accounts and rates.
- Access Status: Open
- Contact: Suffolk Record Office Ipswich Branch, Gatacre Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2LQ
Ordering the Document
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
- in such a poor physical state that looking at them would cause damage
- documents containing sensitive personal information about living people
- on loan to another institution
- known to have existed but never received
- temporarily mislaid
- most conveniently consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
- a collection of files or an object rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room
- a library book available on open shelving
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents and items, we do need you to use your Reader account, please register with us if you do not yet have one. We would like you to register even if you have no intention of visiting us at the Archive, thank you.