When you submit a story, it will be held for moderation before we publish it.
Stories will be moderated within standard office hours; Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
When posting stories, please observe our site participation guidelines:
- Be respectful of others
- Stay on topic and do not upload content that is unrelated to the purpose of this site.
- Do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes swearing and obscene or vulgar comments)
- Do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- Do not post personal information – including sensitive information, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details – relating either to you or other individuals
- Do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation
- Do not make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service, or publication not relevant to the discussion
- Do not post in a language other than English
When you add an image, you will be asked if you have permission to publish the image. To ensure you don’t infringe copyright, you must make sure you have permission from the copyright holder of the material. The responsibility for checking permission rests with the person or organisation contributing the material. If there is any doubt about copyright ownership the story will not be published. We may contact you by the email address you provide [which will not be published] if we have a query about copyright. Suffolk Archives operates a take-down policy and will remove any records that are found to be in breach of copyright, on notification by the copyright holder.
You will be asked for consent to publish your story and/or images on the Suffolk Archives website. If you do not want your story published, do not submit the form.
What to do if you want your story removed?
If you want your story removed, contact [email protected]