Victorian seaside holidays
This resource is for KS1 and KS2 and is packed with archive images. It takes your pupils through planning an imaginary day out at the Victorian seaside, and includes local history, Victorian history, Maths, literacy, and art and design. Find out what the Victorians did at the seaside, make your own bathing machine, write a postcard home, and more.
The resource includes:
- Teachers’ notes
- A PowerPoint full of archive images to use with your class
- Simple data collection and analysis activities
- Learning about how Victorians travelled
- Finding out about the things Victorians did at the beach
- Activity instructions and ideas:
- Make your own bathing machine
- Archive picture jigsaws
- Victorian postcard template
- Paper dolls with Victorian bathing suits
- A writing aid to help structure a piece of writing about your imaginary day out
You may also like our resource on Lowestoft seaside holidays.