Crime and Punishment
Suffolk Record Office holds numerous records of crimes committed and the punishments dealt out in Suffolk.
Searching through our records several interesting stories emerge that show how crime and punishment have changed through the centuries.
- The Murder of PC James McFadden.
- John Ducker, the last man hanged publicly in Suffolk.
- West Suffolk Gaol Books and ‘Wanted’ Books.
- Margaret Catchpole: Servant, horse stealer, prison breaker and romantic heroine.
- Stories from Suffolk Gaol Books.